2. There's Treasure Worth 1 Billion More in Indonesian waters.
3. There are 1100 more species will be extinct in Indonesia, including one-horned rhino and the Sumatran tiger .
4. Indonesia's natural gas reserves of 3 trillion cubic meters, number 13 in the world and enough to meet domestic demand until 30 Years
5. Indonesia's debt ratio at No. 129 in the world, lower than Japan and the United States, but still higher than Russia .
6. Komodo dragon (Varanus) is found in Indonesia is the largest lizard in the world, they can grow up to 3 meters (9.8 feet) long.
7. The world's largest flower, Rafflesia Arnoldi, weighs 7 kg (15 pounds) and only grows on the island of Sumatra, Indonesia. Petals grow by 0.5 meters (1.6 feet) long and 2.5 cm (1 inch) thick.
8. Indonesia is the largest young population in the world with 165 million children under the age of 30, where only 8% of those aged over 60 years (National Bureau of statistics, in August 2001, quoted in the Post English daily "The Jakarta", August 2001)
9. Indonesia has the longest coastline in the world (about 85,000 km)
10. Indonesia is the largest archipelago in the world with more than 18,000 islands
11. According to Transparency International, Indonesia is the eleventh most corrupt country in the world.(Source: Transparency International 2003)
12. Dolly, the name of a center of prostitution of women (red light district) is located in Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia, is the largest prostitution center ever established in Southeast Asia which has more than 2,000 female prostitutes in one centralized location.
13. Freeport's Grasberg mine in West Papua island, Indonesia, is the largest gold mine in the world. In addition, third largest copper mine in the world.
14. Lake Toba is: Largest lake in Southeast Asia, Largest Year-Round Lake in Southeast Asia, the World's Largest Volcanic Lake
15. Borobudur temple in Central Java, Indonesia, is the largest Buddhist temple in the World, which was built in the 9th century, and is regarded as one of the Wonders of the World were forgotten.
16. The second largest island, third, and sixth in the world are in Indonesia. Guinea (the entire island, including West Papua and Papua New guinea) is the second largest, also known as Kalimantan, Borneo (across the island, including Brunei and Malaysia Sarawak) is the third largest, while the island of Sumatra is the sixth largest and is located entirely in Indonesia
17.1292 Marco Polo origin of Venice, visiting Aceh, North Sumatra, Indonesia, on the way back from China to Persia and reported that the northern part of the island has a total of six including Perlak busy trading port, the ocean and Lambri.Yes, this is the same Aceh like the Indonesian province that almost completely eliminated from the face of the earth by the recent tsunami that hit Southeast Asia in December 2004.
18. Jakarta is the most polluted cities in the world THIRD, after Bangkok and Mexico City (source of an article in The Jakarta Post May 6, 2005)
19.Kebun Raya Bogor (Bogor Botanical Garden) has the best and largest species in Asean.
20. The biggest blast historic times on August 27, 1883, was the eruption of Krakatoa, an island of 47 square kilometers in the Sunda Strait, between Sumatra and Java. The resulting wave swept the 163 villages and killed 36 380 people. Waves up to 55 km, and the dust falls 5330 km 10 days later.Explosions sounded four hours later on Rodrigues island, 4776 km, like the roar of heavy weapons and sound more than a third of the world's surface.